Worldwide the third leading cause of death among persons under 40 years is attributed to trauma(1). In Ghana road traffic accidents have a case fatality rate of about 17%(3). Over the years with interventions and policies by AO Alliance the burden and morbidity following trauma especially road traffic accidents have reduced; with a destination in sight where a broken bone is no longer a burden to carry.
2. Fracture solutions for Africa [Internet]. AO Alliance. [Cited 2020 Jul 2]. Available from: https://ao-alliance.org/news/fracture-solutions-for-africa/
3. Big step towards better trauma care in Ghana [Internet]. AO Alliance. [Cited 2020 Jul 2]. Available from: https://ao-alliance.org/news/big-step-towards-better-trauma-care-ghana/
4. Our history and milestones [Internet]. AO Alliance. [Cited 2020 Jul 2]. Available from: https://ao-alliance.org/about-us/history/
5. Ghana Country Initiative - Ghana College of Physicians Surgeons [Internet]. Ghana College of Physicians Surgeons. 2018 [cited 2020 Jul 2]. Available from: https://gcps.edu.gh/ghana-country-initiative/
6. Pediatric fracture care solutions for Ghana [Internet]. AO Alliance. [Cited 2020 Jul 2]. Available from: https://ao-alliance.org/news/pediatric-fracture-care-solutions-ghana/
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License CC BY-NC-ND that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.